17/08/2021

advertising feature




Where, you might be wondering, 
has the driving on the right blog got to of late? 
What's been happening, why have we been left in the dark, 
since that rant on Ventoux?
I'm assuming you've been keeping up with my narrative, 
an assumption that is almost certainly a bit wide of the mark. 

Far more likely, if you've even got to this sentence, is that you are seeking information/ whereabouts/ profile on one of the other Adrian Smiths that labour under that name across the world, and are now wondering who the hell this tosspot is, with his half-baked dialogue on nothing more interesting or attention-grabbing than journeys by car to some tin-pot little village in the Vaucluse from an even smaller minor habitation on the underside of North Devon, England. 

Sorry if that's the case: No, I'm not a heavy metal guitarist in Iron Maiden, not a Turin based graphic designer of some repute, neither am I one of a handful of Adrian Smith academics at Plymouth, Southampton or Sheffield Universities anymore.  I can't claim to have built the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest structure) – that was another AS, and I don't hold the presidency of the Royal Society, and never have done, let alone received a knighthood. There are other Adrian Smiths that I am not… sorry if it's one of any of those you were looking for – you've come off the rails and are up the cul-de-sac of mediocrity I have been messing about in called Driving on the Right. Cut your losses right now…… byeeee!

The fact is, the muse (dear faithful fan[s]) has not been upon me (if muses are prone to spring upon one) and the Summer 2021 adventure has finished bar the gardening. Only now does the miserable effluvium of my mind stir just enough for me to perceive some crumbling possibility of a way of further divulging that experience as I saw it to my ever eager public. 







But if you want a general view, of fewer words, an impression, a taster — of the Melling-Smith Summer Experience, you can do no better than riffle through Le…Blog, Mme Melling's posts on the trip, made at the time, and employing her skills with both word and image. 

Of course, the chances are, you are already au fait with the Le…Blog account which Mme Melling is persuaded (by her fans, not least amongst whom I count myself) to keep up on each excursion we make. Much better stuff: I give it my full support and recommend it without reservation, even if the occasional glitch does get through during its inception. 

Let's face it, the voyages en france series gets the essential feel of those jaunts across with an economy that I can only marvel at. I don't even speak the lingo (I blame my school), what chance have I got? I speak English, I am referring to French here, as well you know…

My efforts for this last foray are still in the 'crucible of my mind'. 

Stop that sniggering, I'll get to Summer 2021 in my own good time, if I'm spared, that is…… don't hold your breath. Anyway, there's a link to this recommendation right here on this page… look no further, the story of the Melling-Smith Summer 2021 Progress is complete and ready to tell it all (well most of it). 

My reflection on it?     Hang about…