01/08/2024

the autumnal 2024 plan

I HAVE NOW BEEN ASKED to reveal our strategy for getting ourselves down to Sablet in September. So I'll stick it down here now – so you can suck it up, drink it in, absorb – and even pick holes in what we aspire to. On the other hand, you could just go and do something more absorbing with your time, it would not be difficult…

As my elder sibling has reached a significant birth date, we've invited the poor fellow to ship out with us…… I did send him a birthday card, or at least I think I did, I lose track of these obligations very much more easily now these days, you may know yourself how all-too-easy it is. Anyhow, I hope this opportunity we have afforded him may redress any shortfall with gifting. Senior Sib is expected to return to The Blighted Isle via TGV or equivalent when we've had enough of him: he has wisely booked his passage back.  

I digress. Here is the aforementioned plan, road by road, hotel by hotel. A mix of tried and tested together with two new (to us) hotels (at Nérac and Albi, they are booked)Outward:



Our return is suggested here below:
(There is only one untried hotel on this return leg, at Castelnaudary).
You will most likely be aware that there will be no overnight crossing back to the UK from our preferred ferry port upon our arrival there and that the last sailing of the month, even year, goes rather early the following morning: this will necessitate an overnight in Roscoff this time.
It will be raining. 
Note also the additional crossing we expect to make, en route to this departure from La France,  on the Pointe de Grave ferry to Royan over the Gironde. 
Not to mention revisiting Contis that very same day. 





I'll probably make additional notes on this post in the fullness of time, recording for the archives how this plan went. 
Until I do that you will just have to try and contain your excitement… 

Righty ho.